$79 -- SF Bay: ‘Spectacular’ Sunset Sail w/Bubbly, Reg. $138
More Options for Afterguard Sailing Academy
Afterguard Sailing Academy
Set sail across the bay on a sunset cruise with champagne or during the day with wine tastings -- a “spectacular” experience (Travelzoo guest).
Why we love it
- Depart from Treasure Island, the Oakland Embarcadero or Jack London Square
- Choose to sail during the day or sunset with 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. departures
- Each cruise includes wine: tastings during the day or a glass during the evening
- Earns a 5-star rating on Yelp
- Past Travelzoo guests say the captain is "delightful" and a fantastic teacher
- $79 for a three-hour sailing tour for one departing from port of choice (reg. $138)
- Day sails from SF include an hour of tastings at The Winery SF, CityVoter's 2014 Best SF Winery
- East Bay sails include tastings at Irish Monkey Cellars, which earns 5 stars on Yelp (sails from Central Basin), or Cerruti Winery, winner of gold at the SF International Wine Competition (from Jack London Square)
- All sunset sails provide hot chocolate, cider or sparkling wine, and fresh fruit
- $195 for a two-day Introduction to Sailing course (reg. $390)
- Sail the Oakland Estuary and SF Bay while learning key terms and four knots
- Eligible after course to test to earn an Afterguard certificate as Competent Crew
April 4, 2014 - Oct. 4, 2014; dates vary by voucher
Voucher expires on Oct. 4, 2014
Valid April 4, 2014 - Oct. 4, 2014 during merchant's operating hours (dates vary depending on option purchased). Reservations required and must be made at least 24 hours in advance for the three-hour sail and 48 hours in advance for the intro to sailing class; subject to availability. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value. 48-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. Subject to weather conditions. Sailing tours: A minimum of four guests are required for the boat to sail. Must be 21 years old or older. The day East SF Bay Experience sails at 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday-Sunday. The sunset East SF Bay Experience sails at 5:30 p.m. on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. SF Bay Trips sail at 9 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Friday-Sunday. SF sails (day and sunset) depart from Treasure Isle Marina. East SF sails (day and sunset) depart from your choice of Central Basin Marina or Jack London Square. Day sails include wine tastings at The Winery SF for the SF trip; Irish Monkey Cellars for the East SF trip that departs from Central Basin; and Cerruti Winery for the East SF trip that departs from Jack London Square. All sunset sails include fresh fruit, water and a choice of sparkling wine, or a non-alcoholic option. Intro to sailing classes: Typically held Saturday-Sunday; can be arranged for two consecutive weekdays (call to book). There is an option to earn a "Competent Crew" certificate at the end of the course; must take written test. Minimum two participants required for the class to sail. Must be 16 years old or older.
Valid for one person. Not valid on products. Cannot combine with other offers. Must use in one visit.